Marshall Fine Art Services
12th Century Ciborium
New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art turned to Marshall Fine Arts when they needed to dismantle and move a 12th century Italian ciborium – a permanent canopy structure built over a high altar – from The Cloisters to the museum’s main facility on Fifth Avenue. Constructed of marble and other hard stone with gold glass inlays, the ciborium was built in 1150 by Nicolaus Ranucius (Ranierius) for the Church of Santo Stefano, Fiano Romano, near Rome.